Garmin releases several maps as well as software updates periodically for enhancing their user’s experience. These updates help the users to get the latest street maps, accurate information, provide smooth functioning of the application, etc. Hence, it becomes important to install the Garmin Update whenever they are available. For this, carefully follow the process mentioned below.
Download and Install the Garmin Express Application
The first step of the Garmin Update is to download and install the application. For this, type “garmin.com/express” in the address bar and move to the Garmin Express window. Now, click the download link as per your operating system. Once the download gets completed, you have to double click the setup file. Next, you are required to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Connect Garmin Device to your System
The next step is to connect your Garmin navigation device to your computer system. In order to establish a connection, you have to use the USB cable. Attach one end of the cable to the Garmin device and another to your system. Once you are done with establishing the connection, you have to make sure that you keep your device connected until the update process gets successfully completed.
Add Your Sat Nav Device to Garmin Express
For the Garmin update, the next step is to add your navigation device to the application. Follow the instructions mentioned below for adding your device
- Open the Garmin Express application by double-clicking its icon from the desktop or system tray.
- After that, click the “Add a Device” option. Meanwhile, make sure that your device is well-connected with your system.
- Now, the Garmin Express will start looking for your connected sat nav device.
- Then, select your Garmin navigation device and press the “Add Device” button which is located beside your product.
- Thereafter, you have to sign-in to your Garmin account by clicking the “Sign In” tab. Then, enter the associated login credentials. In case you want to create a new account, then press the “Create an Account” tab. Further, provide profile information in their respective fields.
- Further, the product registration window will appear in case your device is not registered yet. In order to do so, you have to provide your email address and then, click the “Next” button.
- Afterwards, you will be asked to provide a nickname for your navigation device. Then, press the “Next” button.
- In case you are adding a Garmin wearable, you have to connect your device to the WiFi. This is required for uploading the data wirelessly to Garmin connect. For this, click the “Find Network” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- At last, click the “Finish” tab.
Install Garmin Update
- Open the Garmin Express application.
- From the home page of Garmin Express, you have to click the “Check For Updates” option.
- Then, select the “View Details” option. By doing so, a list of available updates will appear on your screen.
- Select the update and click the “Install” tab that is provided beside the update.
- After that, read the Garmin Terms and Conditions and click the “Accept” tab to agree with the document.
- Thereafter, you will get the instruction window on your screen. Go through the given instructions and ensure that you follow all of them.
- Further, hit the “Continue” tab.
- This will begin the Garmin Update process. This might take a few minutes to get completed, hence, wait patiently.
- Once the process gets completed, you can click the “Check For Update” option to see whether the device gets updated or not.