The innovative and smart Garmin Devices have been designed to fit in seamlessly in today’s fast-paced lifestyle. As such, these devices support Bluetooth Connectivity with Smartphones through the Garmin Connect application for easy accessibility. However, this means your device can be affected by Bluetooth Connectivity related issues. In short, you may get issues like “No Bluetooth To Garmin Connect Or Error Code 1 Or 2 When I Start The App On My Garmin”.
Bluetooth Issues With Garmin Connect
At times, when you try to connect your Garmin Device to Garmin Connect on your smartphone. Then, you may encounter error code 1 or 2 issues related to Bluetooth Connectivity. Given-below are some of the common error messages that you may get in this issue.
- No Bluetooth To Garmin Connect
- Garmin Error Code 1 Or 2 When I Start The App On My Garmin
- Garmin Is Paired to Phone but Is Not Connecting to the Garmin Connect App to Sync Data
- Getting a “Pairing Failed” message when setting up the device through the Garmin Connect app
- The Garmin Connect app is Not Finding Device During the Setup Process
How To Fix “No Bluetooth To Garmin Connect Or Error Code 1 Or 2” Issue?
It is an extremely common issue that users may encounter. However, before fixing this error code 1 or 2 issue, it is advised to confirm the following pre-requisites.
- Your Garmin Device must be within the Bluetooth range of your Smartphone.
- Ensure that the Bluetooth feature of your Garmin Device and Smartphone is active.
- Wait for some time and, then, Try Again to Connect.
- Turn Off and Turn On the Bluetooth on your Mobile Device and the Garmin Device
- Shut Down and Re-open the Garmin Connect application on your Smartphone.
- Restart your Garmin Device and your Smartphone.
- Remove and Add Garmin Device
Update Garmin Connect Application
At times, outdated software interferes with Bluetooth Connectivity. In other words, you must ensure that the installed Garmin Connect application on your smartphone must be up-to-date. For this, check the available updates. Then, install the same on your application.
Update Garmin Device
Along with that, ensure that your Garmin Device is also up-to-date with the latest software, firmware etc. If that is not the case. Then, immediately update your device and try to connect with Garmin Connect.
Update Your Mobile Device
At the same time, your Mobile Device should be up-to-date for smooth connectivity through Bluetooth. Hence, check for all available updates and install them on your smartphone.
Ensure that your Mobile Device Supports Bluetooth
It is essential to check whether your Mobile Device has specifications that fulfill the minimum requirements specified for Bluetooth Connectivity. For this, check below:
- Android 5.0 OS (also called Lollipop) or later
- Apple iOS 11.0 or later
Log out and Log in to Garmin Account
Resetting your Garmin Account is another effective method to resolve this error code 1 or 2 issue. For this, you should simply Log out of your Account on Garmin Connect. Thereafter, Log in back to your Account. Here, you must ensure to type in your Account Credentials instead of using previously saved credentials.
Remove Previous Pairing
In case, if you have previously paired your Garmin Device to the Smartphone. But now, it is unable to connect. Then, you should remove the previous “Pairing”. This should be removed from both the Garmin Connect and Phone’s Bluetooth Settings.