What is Garmin Express?
Garmin Express is an application that helps you to manage and update your Garmin devices. You can use this app to update the software, register your device, update your maps and create a backup of copies. It allows you to save various maps and preferred locations.
Garmin Express always notifies you for new Garmin map updates. With the help of this software, the user can transfer the data from one device to another. You can get the latest detailed street maps to ensure fast and accurate navigation.
Garmin Express save all the information even when you don’t have the application open or when the device is not connected to the computer. Hence, you need to download and install Garmin Express to check for updates on Automotive and Outdoor devices.
Garmin Express works on operating systems such as Windows and Mac. In order to install and download, Garmin Express, you need to fulfill the minimum system requirements. Therefore, this will ensure that this software will run smoothly on your devices. So, consider the below-given system requirements.
- Windows 7SPI or newer.
- Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 (included).
- 1 GB RAM.
- 1024 x 768 display and USB port.
Hard Disk Space
- 20 GB free disk space.
Also, you need a high internet connection.
- OS X 10.11 or newer.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 1440 X 200 display, USB port.
- 20 GB free disk space.
High Internet speed is also required.
Downloading Procedure of Garmin Express
If you want to download the app to manage all your Garmin devices, follow the given steps carefully.
- Firstly, open your preferred web browser.
- Thereafter, type the URL garmin.com in the search bar.
- After typing the URL, press the enter key.
- Next, you are required to place your cursor on the “Discover” tab. You will get this tab at the top of the page.
- Then, it will show you a list of options. From that list, you are required to select your Garmin Express software.
- After this, a new window will appear on your screen. Now, you need to choose your operating system. Tap on “Downloads for Windows” and “Download for Mac” accordingly.
- Subsequently, this will start downloading your software. Do not turn off the window or shut down your system before the downloading process is completed.
- Once, the downloading process is completed, it will automatically be saved in the download folder.
Procedure to Install Garmin Express
Once the software is downloaded, you are all set to install it. Follow the given steps to install Garmin Express on your preferred device.
- First of all, open the downloaded folder on your Windows computer.
- After that, you need to locate the “.exe file” of Garmin Express in your Downloads folder.
- Double-click the file and a pop-up will appear on your screen “Do you want to run this file?”.
- Next, click on the “Run” option to carry on with the procedure.
- Now, if prompted by the user account control dialogue for permission, click on the “Yes” button.
- Subsequently, read the terms and conditions of the Garmin Express carefully. If you agree to the terms and conditions, click on the “Agree and Install” button. You will get this button at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, once the installation is completed, you need to click on the Launch Garmin Express option. Therefore, this will open the Garmin Express software on your device.
- Firstly, open the “Downloads” folder on your Mac system.
- Thereafter, locate your downloaded “.dmg file” in the folder.
- Subsequently, double-click on the file and it will start running.
- Now, in between the dialogue box will appear, double-click on the Garmin Express icon.
- Then, a pop-up will appear verifying that your software can be installed or not. You need to press the blue “Continue” button.
- Once again, you need to click on the “Continue” button.
- In the next dialogue box, Garmin recommends that you read the terms and conditions of the software. Read the “Garmin Express License Agreement” carefully. Click on the “Continue” button.
- After this, a pop-up will appear on your screen. If you agree to all the terms and conditions of the license agreement. Then, click on the “Agree” button in the pop-up box.
- Furthermore, click on the “Install” button to perform the installation process. You will locate this button at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Then, in the next window, enter the administrator username and password in the respective field. Click on the “Install Software” option to continue with the installation process.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Once it is completed you need to click on the blue “Close” button at the bottom of the page.
Account Creation Of Garmin Express
Garmin Express account is important to install all the map and software updates. So, follow the below-given steps in order to create an account.
- First of all, open your preferred web browser.
- Thereafter, go to the homepage of Garmin Express.
- Next, you need to click on the profile icon. You will locate this icon at the top of the page.
- Then, click on the “Create account” in order to initiate the account creation step.
- Subsequently, enter all the information in the respective field.
- Firstly, enter your name in the respective field.
- Enter the email address that you want to link with the Garmin Express account.
- Next, confirm the email address by entering the same email address as mentioned in the above field.
- Now, you have to create a new password that you have not used before. You should create a strong password that will help you to keep your account safe.
- Then, confirm the same password by entering the same password as mentioned in the above field.
- If you agree to all the terms and conditions, select the checkbox.
- Click on the “Create Account” button to complete the account creation process.
- Next, the Garmin express sends you a confirmation mail on your registered email address.
- At last, open the confirmation mail and click on “Verify”.
Garmin Express Update Procedure
While updating the Garmin Express, it is important to keep your device connected to the computer. Also, you should not shut down your computer before completing the update procedure. Follow the given steps to update the Garmin Express on your preferred device.
- First of all, open your Garmin Express application.
- Thereafter, tap on “Add a Device” on your system.
- Now, plug in your device to the system with the help of a USB cable.
- Next, when the system screen says that your device is found. Then, you need to click on the blue “Add Device’ option. If you are unable to find the device, click on the “Search Again” link and try to search your device again.
- After this, you need to sync with Garmin Connect and login to your account. Enter the email address and password that you have used at the time of account creation of Garmin Express. Press the “Sign In” button.
- In case, if you have not created your account before. Then, click on “Create an Account” and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Now, the Garmin Express settings page will appear on your screen. You need to select the device nickname and your preferred language.
- After that, click on the blue “Next” button. You will get this button at the bottom of the page.
- Next, to upload your data to Garmin Express wirelessly, you will have to set up a wi-fi network. Otherwise, you can also use Ethernet(network) cable. Also, your device will sync automatically when in range of your network.
- Then, once the internet connection is completed. Click on the “Next” button located at the bottom of the page.
- Subsequently, read the “Privacy Statement” of Garmin Express by clicking on its link. If you agree to the terms and conditions, press the “Yes” button. You will get this button at the bottom right corner of the page.
- Now, the setup is completed, then click on the “Sync” option. Wait for syncing and the software will start checking for updates. You need to select “Garmin Connect” to view data.
- Next, if there are any updates available, it will show you the same. You have to click on the “Install” button to start installing the updates. Then, in between the process, it will show you a dialogue box of terms and conditions. If you agree to it, click on the blue “Accept” button.
- After that, once the installation of the updates is done, “You are up to date” will appear on your screen.
Disconnect your Device
Once you have finished installing the free update, select “eject” to safely disconnect your device. Also, unplug the USB cable both from your Garmin device and your computer.
Hence, the above information will help you to know more about Garmin Express software. Therefore, by updating this software on your device, you can get the latest updates about the product and services of Garmin.